Listen to the music. It speaks of Christ and his Bride as I prepare to meet my own bride. As Jessie put it, "You actually are Jesus in this story!" That is a humbling thing.
Headship transfering, ascending to the altar, the making of covenants, the giving of signs,
the blessing by a minister. All of these things are going to happen before our eyes today, and before the eyes of hundreds as they look at us. Bridesmaids and groomsmen will stand at our sides like apostles and prophets. These are all dear friends.
It will be boring if you let it. But for me, there is meaning in everything that is about to happen. I am whelmed with meaning. Jesus Christ, God and Man, Savior, Teacher, and Lord, is the groom. The Church, the Body, we whom have failed and been bought for the groom at the price of his own life, are the bride clad in pure white. The celebration will be more joyous than anything you can imagine, and the marriage supper does not end.
"I am my beloved's and my beloved's mine
So you bring all your history and ill bring the bread and wine
And well have us a party where all the drinks are on me
Then as surely as the rising sun you will be set free."
Listen carefully on my Wedding Day.
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
6 comments:
Yay!!! Congratulations!
It was a wonderful, joyous thing, Norman. Congratulations!
Congratulations, Maynards! Wish we could have been there to rejoice with you in person.
:D All smiles from Li'l Sista! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your wedding.
Praise God for what He has accomplished in you two!
Norman, that is such a good post.
The weddings I've been to within the past year have really made me think. I gotta be so super careful for marriage. It's a lifelong thing. Not to be taken lightly. But joy is in the seriousness and solemnity; a part of it. I look forward to my wedding day, and enjoy yours and my friends' in the meantime.
Post already!
Post a Comment