Gravy

-noun-

1.the fat and juices that drip from cooking meat, often thickened, seasoned, flavored, etc., and used as a sauce for meat, potatoes, rice, etc.
2.Slang.
a.profit or money easily obtained or received unexpectedly.
b.money illegally or dishonestly acquired, esp. through graft.
3.something advantageous or valuable that is received or obtained as a benefit beyond what is due or expected.

I'm not sure if what I'm about to mention is valuable, but it is certainly unexpected. When I went to Oxford, England for three weeks with a summer study program, some of the girls from our group decided that I was "ubiquitous," rather more a force of nature than a mortal human. To this day I have no idea why, but the idea stuck (that, and using my Christian name as a verb meaning roughly "to wander about in an unbounded way, with one's purposes unknown to any other"). Well, just recently one of the girls, an art history student, came across this:

Maurice Denis. Homage to Cezanne. 1900. Oil on canvas. 180 x 240 cm. Musée d'Orsay, Paris, France.



Time travel, my friends?

9 comments:

9/14/2006 9:43 PM Jessie said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- that's creepy. And apparently it's true that Norman's gonna look like Senor Cardgage when he gets older.

9/15/2006 11:54 AM Annie said...

How awesome - you're timeless (apparently!)

9/18/2006 1:03 AM Jenny said...

That´s slightly creepy...You must´ve seen it once when you were younger and had nightmares or dreams about it and slowly morphed into the one that you now resemble...or something.

9/21/2006 10:11 PM Matt Haugland said...

Oh wow!!! That's amazing! At first I thought it had to be photoshop work, but I found it on other web sites and it's real. Wow.

9/22/2006 2:52 PM Anonymous said...

oookay. that's scary.
*attempts to shrug it off*

anyway, what about "gravy for the brain"?

9/25/2006 12:04 PM Anonymous said...

I want to know why you're smoking in the presence of a lady. Cad.

10/03/2006 2:08 PM Anonymous said...

I'm still not convinced that it's not photoshopped.

10/05/2006 3:29 PM Katie said...

Pro-time travel.
neutral on gravy.

10/09/2006 10:35 AM Sam Negus said...

I want to know why if at some point in the future you will discover how to travel back in time you are going to choose to waste your power standing around at the unveilings of paintings of fruit baskets by French arty farty types?

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates