I've just submitted my first graduate school applications, and it scares the hell out of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to grad school. But there's something very humbling about the process. No matter how good a face I try to put forward, no matter how I spin my past mistakes or emphasize my accomplishments, I still feel like I am saying "please tell me I am worthy of your program." All of these fancy protocols for admission elevate the prospect of affirmation or rejection to a new level. My pride and ambition are laid bare for complete strangers to see. I know this would be an ideal time to turn my cares over to Christ, but of course it's easier to know that than to really do it.
I am also feeling overwhelmed by the last of my assignments. I am studying for my capstone test tomorrow, which I really have to do well on since my last test was a D. I am also trying to get my senior paper written, which you would think would be easy since I have an outline. It's not. On top of which, I am still desperately hoping to pull an A out of Linear Algebra, although I'm pretty sure that's a lost cause at this point. I guess this is my chance to prove I work well under pressure.
I realize this is a really boring post, so I won't make it drag on. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the theme of this blog should be. I plan to start one up that's oriented toward economics, but this one needs to be a little more interesting than that. Movie reviews? Axiological musings? My latest Scripture readings? What I made for supper? I'm just not sure yet. What would Gary Lee do?
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
1 comments:
New blog theme:
"A Man's Perspective on Wedding Planning"
Hilarity could ensue rather effortlessly. :-P
Post a Comment