Enemies

This is a trifle, and borrowed from Facebook, but I figure as long as I can post a couple of things a month I'll still have readers. Of course, if I knew the kinds of posts people find most interesting I could write about that (food? faith? vigilantism?), but until I figure that out here is this-


According to Chuck Klosterman, who your enemies are is more important to success than who your friends are or even what you do in life:

http://www.grendel.org/tsc/klosterman-enemies.htm

I don't think I have a nemesis or an archenemy, which I guess means I must resign myself to mediocrity. That is, unless someone out there knows who my nemesis and archenemy are. Klosterman thinks women understand this better than men do.

Who is your nemesis, and who is your archenemy?

5 comments:

6/28/2007 7:14 AM Anonymous said...

It's true. Most men are confined to mediocrity, whereas most women... wait, which history book is he reading again?

He has obviously never tried to seek employment in Italy, where knowledge and competence are admittedly irrelevant.

I think you should let us in on whichever doctrinal thingummy you were jawing about a few posts back.

6/28/2007 7:17 AM Anonymous said...

oh, and I think I am my own archenemy. at any rate, I spike my own drinks...

6/28/2007 3:29 PM Norman said...

Joel, the reason I didn't mention the doctrinal thingummy was because the specific doctrine wasn't the point.

But since you're so interested, I am not at all convinced that Scripture says there will not be any kind of marriage in the Resurrection, nor does it say that there will not be any children born in the Resurrection. Those conclusions, to my understanding, are based on taking a single passage and extrapolating from it something it was not directly addressing. What other issues would you like me to cover?

But I have to ask, if you say your name backwards do you return to the 5th dimension?

6/29/2007 6:09 AM Anonymous said...

actually, I changed my mind: my archenemy is my roommate's new three-month-old kitten. It's a viscious monster with wee beady eyes: just two days now and I've already begun to write songs about dismembering it.

as to the dimensional question, I can't say, as I never thought to aaaaaaaaagh...

6/29/2007 9:25 PM Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha!
well, I suppose I shall never be sucessful.

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates