Lappy 486!

I got myself a new laptop the other day. It's amazing! It has... capabilities. For example, I am at this moment I am reading a PDF, writing a blog entry on the Internet, and listening to Hey Ya! And all this without having to turn off my virus protection software (that Internet, you can't be too careful). This may seem normal to all you tech-wise peoples, but this is something that was genuinely not possible on my last computer. It was a good machine, but today is for the future.

Speaking of the future, I am done teaching for the summer and have begun studying for my grad-student type exams in August. They involve understanding math, so there must be much studification. I mean studying. Studification sounds like something else.

Anyway, yes, I am learning to understand math, organizing my desk, setting up my new computer, and generally hanging out. This is what preparing for the future looks like for someone hoping to be an academic of the private-sector-employable variety. I heard from one of the third year students about a week ago that, despite my initial understanding of how the future would work, the second year is actually more stressful than the first year. I certainly hope that isn't the case.

If next year is actually harder than last I may switch to something more feasible like scriptwriting for TV and graphic novels.

Now you must excuse me, I need to see if Mathmatica can run while Sarah McLachlan is crooning. My world is very, very exciting.

0 comments:

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates