... which is to say, my 100th post, let me announce officially before the blogosphere that I am a father.
Lucy Marcia Maynard was born on April 26th at 10:32pm. She was 8 pounds 2.5 ounces and 21.75 inches long. We hardly noticed the thunderstorm outside the midwives' birthing cottage, and I held my wife's hand until they lifted Lucy out and laid her across my wife's chest. I saw a strength in my wife that night I had never seen before, and I can honestly say it was the most emotional experience I have ever felt. I cried at the sight of my daughter's full head of hair.
My wife and baby are asleep within arms reach of me as I type this. I love them both deeply.
Lucy is being baptized this Sunday. If you know me or my wife at all, and you can make it to Christ the King Presbyterian Church in Norman, you should come and see her admission into the covenant family of God. I will be taking vows for her.
This is what life is made of. Now wasn't that a worth while 100th post?
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
3 comments:
yes it was
a beautiful post
Wow, Beautiful post Norman. I want to come down and see the baby soon if you don't mind. ;)
Post a Comment