Truth Claim of the Day

Justice is a matter of making it up to the people you hurt.
Please, discuss. The context is found here.

6 comments:

6/19/2009 7:36 PM me3020 said...

http://fatherstephen.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/more-on-the-justice-of-god/

6/20/2009 6:30 AM GrandmaToots said...

Justice is the administering of deserved punishment or reward.

Reparations is the making of amends for wrong or injury done.

I see them as two separate but closely related ideas. One is done *to* you, the other is done *by* you.

6/20/2009 7:28 AM Jessie said...

I'ma gonna say that Justice is a concept, a standard -- one of many that only God fully embodies. If you're practicing Justice, you shouldn't have to make things up to people.

6/20/2009 5:40 PM Katie said...

I think a major part of justice is "making it up to" those damaged by the act. But that's not all it is. I think that we have to separate justice meted out by the State and justice between people.
That quote makes less sense in context.

7/03/2009 5:50 PM Anonymous said...

I think justice is the advantage of the stronger.

If it's good enough for Thrasymachous it's good enough for me.

-Joel

7/03/2009 5:54 PM Anonymous said...

On a serious note, 'making it up' to those we hurt is not actually a standard in the strict sense, because there is nothing standardised about it.

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates