I'm leading a discussion for a graduate student discussion group next Sunday, and I need to decide what topic to present. Since my own research is not particularly general interest, I thought I'd get some thoughts on what my blog readers think would spark an interesting discussion. Therefore, I present Metadoxy's first ever Reader Poll:
For a look at possible reading material for mechanics and mystics, click here; for the purposes of education, click here. The How to Deceive with Statistics would focus on statistics education, such as in the video here (third video) from Arthur Benjamin. I've actually presented on The End of Civilization before, talking about William Burrows and the Alliance to Rescue Civilization; I'd probably take a more general "how should Christians think about and react to risks of global economic meltdowns / meteor strikes / climate disasters / (genetically engineered?) plagues / nuclear war" approach this time. Economic Growth vs. Human Progress would be a new topic, but would give us a chance to talk about the pros and cons of the modern age, as well as what our social and political goals should be in areas like foreign aid / immigration policy / national economic policy.
Please vote, the more feedback I get here the better decision I can make. Is there anything not in the poll that should be? Why did you vote the way you did? Please let me know in the comments!
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment