One week after the fact, I don't have a lot to say about the disaster, other than it is terrible. Please be praying for the people in Sendai and areas even closer to the epicenter.
I do, however, have some summary information I have been following.
Here is an amazing visual before and after comparison.
Ilan Noy provides a way to think about the economic impact of a disaster.
James Hamilton expands on this discussion of the economic impact, including some links of his own.
Will Wilkinson offers his summary of the economic disaster literature.
Christopher Beam on the lack of looting.
Bill McBride has several links on the nuclear concerns.
Robin Hanson argues for a counter-intuitive response to the nuclear dangers.
Laura Freschi wants you to think carefully about your aid donations.
Finally, here's a brief video showing some of the impact of the Tsunami:
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment