Can Can't

Captain Jack Sparrow teaches us that what matters is what a man can and can't do. Planning a wedding is a great opportunity for me to see how this applies to me personally.

What I can do: Make big decisions... eventually. Ever-delayed proposal aside, now we have big decisions to make regarding ceremony details. The biggest one on my mind at the moment is where to have the wedding. We've looked at more than half the churches in town, and although there have been a couple that would work, nothing fits quite right. We're planning to look at a few more, but once that's done, that's pretty much it. Decision time. And that's ok with me, we'll have all the information we could get, and I have no problem picking something once I know as much as I can.

What I can't do: Colors. The bridesmaids are going to be wearing dresses in lilac and seafoam green. If, like me, you think that rainbows have three colors in them, the subtle shading of lilac may be lost on you. It's purple. Lightish purple. How can anyone see all these colors, much less care about them?

This is a good example of why the groom doesn't plan the wedding. If I had to plan it all, there would be four colors: grey, black, white, and blue. Blue goes with everything.

2 comments:

3/29/2006 7:32 AM Anonymous said...

(This is Dot)

I can post on your blog now. What I can't do is figure out how to work my new blog.

3/30/2006 5:54 AM Anonymous said...

Howdy. I figured out how to use my new blog (well, at least some of it). I hadn't thought I would use it, but now I think I will..
So feel free to check it every now and then. :-)

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates