Wasting Time

I'll be doing first round job interviews this week, which consists of not too many interviews squeezed into several days.  If you, like me, find yourself with time to kill, here are a few websites to wile away the hours:

TV Tropes

If you've ever watched a television program or movie (or played a video game for that matter) and thought "didn't they do something like this on that other program?" the answer is yes. TV tropes will give the trope a name, tell you everywhere else it's been used, explain why it works the way it does, and what other tropes are similar but not quite identical.  This site is the ultimate encyclopedia of media and fiction clichés.

Difference Between

For those curious about the finer distinctions of modern linguistic usage, this site will clear it all up.

The Motivator

Do you enjoy those fake motivational posters that combine a photo with an unfortunately apt caption, like the one with Captain Kirk smirking that says "I'm Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"?  Well with the motivator, you can make your own.

Youtube

The standard, tried-and-true source.  Bouncing from one music video / comedy sketch / zombie preparedness video to another will cost you several hours, easily.

1 comments:

1/03/2011 7:13 AM Jessie said...

I also enjoy the occasional engrish.com, and the FAILblog never fails. (failblog.org) Oh, and any place you can find LOLcats is also a good idea.

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates