I Am Tired

For those who don't know, I'm going to be a father. If I should have called you, I apologize. That was my mistake.

The downside of this is that my wife is feeling ill a lot lately, which means I need to take over a lot of her jobs around the house. Since I am simultaneously working on my graduate degree, I'm pretty drained these days.

I can't tell if I'm excited or not yet. If you know me, you're aware that I don't get that visibly excited about things. The pregnancy is still early, so in a certain sense it doesn't feel real yet. I think I'll be able to wrap my head around it better after we meet with the midwives.

And yes, before you ask, I did say midwives. We're planning to see them in the middle of September, and if all goes as we hope we won't be going to the hospital at all. They have a "birthing cottage" for the delivery, whatever that means. If something goes wrong, the midwives are associated with a doctor at a hospital up in OKC. We are planning to get ultrasounds and other fancy technical stuff when appropriate, and Jessie will have an epidural if necessary. So it's not like we're taking a wagon to Amish country to have the baby.

For right now, these are all just plans and ideas. The reality is that my wife is working very hard to accommodate Bun (what we're calling the baby until we know the gender), and I'm tired. I hope I can keep up with my growing family (spoiler warning!).

2 comments:

9/01/2008 1:37 PM Aaron Buley said...

Congratulations on your baby! I hope you get to feeling better, as well. Take care, friend. :)

9/02/2008 1:56 PM GrandmaToots said...

I'm sorry, but that "growing family" link...that's just wrong! Ew!!! And I had 3 kids!!!

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates