Garlic Parmesan Soup
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons white flour, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 cup chicken stock/broth (no bouillon cubes or MSG!), 1 cup whole milk, 1/2 large white onion (sliced as desired), a few ounces of shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/2 pound ground turkey or sausage (optional), salt and pepper
Tools: Soup pot, whisk
Melt the butter in the pot over a low to medium heat. Whisk in the flour until fully mixed. After about 30 seconds, mix in the garlic until coated, then add mustard and mix. When this is fully mixed and is smelling tasty, increase heat to medium-high and add broth, milk, and onion (in that order). Whisk continuously for a few minutes, adding salt and pepper. When soup is beginning to steam, but before thickening, add the Parmesan. Continue whisking until the soup thickens. Add turkey or sausage (which you have seasoned and cooked to taste earlier) if desired.
My friends, this is at least as tasty as any MSG-laden soup you can imagine... and without the neuro-toxins! It works on its own as soup, it works as a savory sauce, it keeps in the fridge. The recipe scales up (and probably down, too). You could probably add potatoes or soup veggies. I want some of this right now.
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
2 comments:
mmmmm. I think I'm going to have to try that.
I want to eat your dinner sometime
Post a Comment