I am sick. Not deathly sick, but still sick. I feel like blogging what's on my mind, but thay may get dangerous in my current state. Stream of Consciousness, here we come!
Ernie is an odd name for a newsman.
Another Postcard by the Barenaked Ladies is paying on the iTunes. Spell checker thinks iTunes is misspelled, which is understandable since aPple seems to have issues with capitalization. But that is a great song.
I think I'm a good teacher. I might not be, and I'm certain I could improve a lot. But I substituted for two professors today, and I'll be subbing for another in a couple weeks. So my department hasn't disagreed with my assessment yet.
I need a haircut. I have wings on my head at the moment.
I am cold. But this time next week, I will be a lot colder. My socks are planning to wear socks.
I have been reading a book of short stories by H.P. Lovecraft. Pretty interesting. He's kinda floofy (Joel might say grandiose), but I like how atmospheric everything is.
I like doing research. I wish I had time to do more, but classes keep getting in the way.
I'm never bored when my wife watches Telemundo news and translates for me. I'm not sure why that isn't boring, but it's not.
Bailouts are for the lose. That is my professional opinion.
I don't think I get as much (non-economics) intellectual exercise as I used to. Not sure if that's good or bad.
I like Thanksgiving. Feasts are fun. And I'm kinda sad KMac won't be hosting advent dinners this year.
I really want to write another zombie story. I have a lot I want to say, and it seems to be more meaningful when I say it through a story. Josh Seacris would be pleased.
Good night.
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
5 comments:
Oh. I figured you were ALWAYS bored when I watched Telemundo. Also, you make it sound like I speak Spanish, which, for the record, I don't.
If you don't speak Spanish, how do you translate? I am envisioning either a highly surreal version of Telemundo, like the Japanese version of Dirty Harry (which would account for Norman's lack of boredom: 'Maria, I've always loved you: we are sixteen crockpots to the wind. Miguel you animalculus fiend: have at thee, miscreant! From Hell's heart I launch a platter of fine toasted Venetian eels at thee! he quoth unto the whale...'); OR (this sentence is just getting warmed up) perhaps an English broadcast back-translated into some other language like Russian or IPA - this would be confusing, as to my knowledge Norman does not speak the former, and no one speaks the latter. In any case it seems a moderately complicated feat.
I'm sorry you're sick, Norman. What do you know about Scholastic economics?
Well, I could host some Advent parties, but I think it'd be kind of expensive for me to fly home every weekend. Maybe you could fly here?
i speak russian
I like the socks wearing socks idea. Go for it!
Post a Comment