Welcome to Metadoxy

The new layout is up and in place. I may do a bit of final tweaking, but I'm pretty happy with it. The new look corresponds to a renewed attempt to make this a blog worth reading, so please feel free to let me know how you think it's going.

The goal here has always been to develop, publicly and honestly, a consistency between what I think, feel, believe, and do, and maybe post some things that make me think or feel deeply along the way. "Exercises in Self-Awareness," the tag line reads. It took me a while to conclude that what I really enjoy discussing in this medium are these attempts at knowing and becoming who God makes us to be. If you're a regular reader, you probably also get excited about this kind of thing - either that or you feel a sense of obligation to read the mutterings of your friends, no matter how contrived. Either way, I figure I've got you and can do things as I please.

The changes at work here are more than just superficial. I've got a number of projects in the works aimed at bringing more of my scholarly background forward in the posts. If Metadoxy is to be about developing self-awareness, part of that awareness has to be that I am an economist, and a lot of what I spend my time thinking about is economics- and education- related.

Before you get concerned, let me reassure you that I still plan to post other things I find funny, fascinating, and thought provoking (and the occassional intersection of all three involving zombies!). And the target audience is still general (meaning you!), so I plan to communicate what I'm thinking in a non-technical way.

In conjunction with this shift in blogging appearance and focus, I'm also trying to boost the frequency of posts. I'll try to put something online most days of the week, and should at least have a couple posts every week. If need be, I may even expand Metadoxy into a group blog to keep the thoughts flowing. Surely I've got a few intelligent, insightful friends willing to exercise their self-awareness once or twice a month, right?

In any event, I hope you enjoy the new and improved blog. I was never a fan of pure lecture, so please comment / Digg / Share / whatever-else-the-kids-are-doing-these-days when a post interests you. I don't respond to all comments, but I do read them all. Self-awareness is a part of sanctification, and sanctification happens in context, in community. I consider what happens here, and those of you participating in it, a part of mine.

PS- I'd like to give a shout out and happy birthday to my brother. Go, 28!

1 comments:

1/18/2010 10:33 AM schupack said...

liking the layout

 

© Metadoxy
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates