Witnesses saw Jesus. They told others. We have to believe other people...a long line, a very long line, of witnesses back to the truth. That's a big step of faith to trust a bunch of people going back that far. But reason itself can't really do much better. Faith is not reason, but reason is also not all its always made out to be.Please, discuss. The context can be found here.
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
1 comments:
I think it's likely true.
We might ask, "Is it reasonable to trust people?" And furthermore, "Is it reasonable to trust people who are trusting other people?" And the answer is that it depends. But if enough people believe something, then surely there is something going on there.
On the other hand, lots of people believe conspiracy theories and pass on that belief to others.
Arguing logically from empirical evidence weeds out some of the conspiracy theories, but ultimately it deals with the same thing.
Post a Comment