Wednesday I started grading the hard questions on my final exam. I didn't get that far, but I have room to make up for it. The more important event for the day was end of semester dumpster diving! I know it sounds odd, but I am a firm believer in the value of driving around on finals week to the main student-populated apartments around town and searching through what students who have to move quickly are throwing away. This is mostly due to the fact that at the end of my first year of grad school we did this and I found a Matlab programming guide. That book was essential in making me competent in what is now my primary work tool. This year, we're looking for stuff not only for ourselves, but for the church fundraiser garage sale that we are hosting.
Other than that, Wednesday was pretty quiet. Finals week just isn't the same when you don't have classes anymore.
HOW I FEEL WHEN I’M TWO WEEKS OUT FROM QUALS
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment